You invested a lot in your motorcycle, so it only makes sense that you want only the finest wheel chock to protect it.
To help you accomplish that goal, in the following article we have reviewed several of the most popular, protective and best-selling motorcycle wheel chocks on the market today, and highlighted the pros and cons associated with each product.
We have also put together a Motorcycle Wheel Chock Buying Guide, in which we will outline the various characteristics you should look for in a quality wheel chock, and explain some of the factors you should consider before making a final purchasing decision.
Best Motorcycle Wheel Chocks for the Money
- Will hold the front wheel of any street or dirt bike up to 6 1/2 inches wide.
- The mounting points allow the chock to easily be removed when the truck bed or trailer is needed for other loads.
- Solid front cross bar and boot provide maximum stability.
- Designed to hold 17" - 21" wheels between 3-5/32" - 7-3/32" wide
Extreme Max 5001.5010 Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock
With a solid front cross bar and boot, the Extreme Max 5001.5010 Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock offers the very best in maximum stability and protection for your bike.
The chock is sleek, stable and solid; just drive your bike onto the chock and the rear wheel cradle locks the front wheel securely in place, ensuring no accidental tips or falls that can potentially damage the bike.
The chock is made from durable steel for heavy duty strength; and the textured semi-gloss black powder coat finish even makes it look great against the wheel of your bike.
The Extreme Max 5001.5010 Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock is designed to take up minimal space on the mounting surface, but do not let its small size fool you.
This chock is very strong and durable. Its space-saving design makes it the perfect product when storing or hauling multiple bikes or for mounting on a lift.
The multiple rear wheel cradle adjustments allow you to fit your wheels perfectly for the best of stability during storage, maintenance projects and transport; and the chock can fit any tires between the standard 17 and 21 inch sizes.
- Stable. The Extreme Max 5001.5010 Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock has a solid front cross bar and boot which offers the ultimate in stability and security.
- Durable. The wheel chock is made from heavy gauge steel, making it incredibly durable, strong and long lasting.
- Versatile. The Extreme Max 5001.5010 Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock has multiple rear wheel cradle adjustments that allow it to accommodate tires from 17 inches to 21 inches when storing or traveling.
- Delivery issues. Some owners we consulted have complained about package delivery issues with the Extreme Max 5001.5010 Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock. Fortunately if you buy from Amazon they have good customer support if you have any issues.
Ego Bike Heavy Duty Motorcycle Wheel Chock
Extremely flexible and durable, the Ego Bike Heavy Duty Motorcycle Wheel Chock can accommodate tires between 15 inches and 22 inches in diameter and tires that are 76 millimeters to 130 millimeters wide.
Its 1800 pound weight capacity also makes it durable enough to handle most any bike.
The chock can be mounted on the floor of a garage or other storage facility or in the bed of a truck to hold bikes upright when storing, transporting or maintaining the motorcycle.
The Ego Bike Heavy Duty Motorcycle Wheel Chock is constructed from only the toughest solid steel; steel that has been treated to resist rust and corrosion.
The chock includes two convenient loops for convenient strapping; and its free-stand design means it can be mounted to almost any surface.
The motorcycle wheel chock can be used for storage situations or when you need your bike upright to perform routine maintenance.
It can also be bolted directly to your truck bed to make traveling with your motorcycle a snap.
Powder coated for protection and durability, the Ego Bike Heavy Duty Motorcycle Wheel Chock is the first and last wheel chock you will ever need.
- High compatibility. While most motorcycle wheel chocks can accommodate tires between 17 inches and 22 inches, this product can accommodate wheels between 15 inches and 22 inches, making it compatible with almost any type of bike.
- Rust resistant. Thanks to the strong powder coat finish, the Ego Bike Heavy Duty Motorcycle Wheel Chock is completely rust and corrosion resistant.
- Easy strapping. The Ego Bike Heavy Duty Motorcycle Wheel Chock has two easy-to-use eye loops for convenient strapping.
- May slide a bit. According to some users, the Ego Bike Heavy Duty Motorcycle Wheel Chock may cause some smaller wheels to slide a bit when in use.
Pit Posse Chrome Motorcycle Removable Wheel Chock
Extremely reliable and secure, the Pit Posse Chrome Motorcycle Removable Wheel Chock can easily hold the front wheel of any street bike or dirt bike up to a whopping 3 ½ inches wide.
Perfect for transporting bikes, the chock can be mounted directly to the bed of your truck, and the convenient mounting points allow it to be easily removed when the truck is needed for other loads and purposes.
The Pit Posse Chrome Motorcycle Removable Wheel Chock comes with all the mounting hardware you need to affix the chock to your truck, storage facility or maintenance garage.
The chock is incredibly durable, thanks to the strong 7/8 inch steel tubing and chrome plating.
The product comes with an extended five year warranty, demonstrating the utmost confidence the people at Pit Posse have in this wheel chock.
- Easy to install and remove. The mounting plates on the Pit Posse Chrome Motorcycle Removable Wheel Chock make it very easy to install and remove.
- Great warranty. With a five year no-questions-asked warranty you can buy this motorcycle wheel chock with the utmost of confidence.
- Tough. Made of 7/8 inch steel tubing, the Pit Posse Chrome Motorcycle Removable Wheel Chock can stand up to any storage or hauling situation.
- Hardware issues. Many customers who purchased this product complained about hardware issues.
- Durability issues. Compared to other two products we reviewed, both of which are made of solid steel, the Pit Posse Chrome Motorcycle Removable Wheel Chock is not very durable in comparison according to users.
Motorcycle Wheel Chock Buying Guide
When it’s time to shop for your next motorcycle wheel chock, we understand you only want the very best.
It is for that reason that we have put together this guide—a buying guide that outlines the various factors and characteristics to consider when shopping for one of these products. Here are just a few of those considerations:
The Wheel Size of Your Motorcycle
Obviously, it is crucial that you know the size of your wheel when shopping for your next motorcycle wheel chock.
If your bike has wheels that measure between 17 inches and 21 inches that is, of course ideal, because it means your wheel will fit into any standard size wheel chock.
However, if your motorcycle wheels are not within that 17-21 inch range, you may need to search a bit harder and smarter to find a chock that will perfectly accommodate your bike and its wheels.
Purpose of the Wheel Chock
Not all wheel chocks are the same, so it is very important that you decide on the purpose your next wheel chock will serve.
For example, if you are planning to use your wheel chock to support your bike when it is in your garage, you will need a wheel chock that is mainly designed for that purpose.
However, if you are looking for a motorcycle wheel chock that will help support your bike when you are in transit—such as in a truck or trailer—you will need to buy a chock designed for this specific purpose.
Narrowing down the purpose of your wheel chock can help you find exactly what you are looking for.
What is the purpose of a wheel chock?
If you guessed to prevent your bike from falling and potentially sustaining damage you are absolutely correct.
With that in mind, you definitely want to buy a motorcycle wheel chock that will fulfill this purpose time after time.
While many manufacturers claim their wheel chocks can be used safely without any safety tie-downs, are you really going to risk the safety of your bike on a promise?
Of course not.
For that reason, you need a motorcycle wheel chock that has all of the recommended safety features, including secure tie downs that will prevent movement when your bike is in the chock.
Material (What the Chock is Made From)
When shopping for a motorcycle wheel chock it is absolutely imperative that you find one made from only the finest high quality materials—such as those we reviewed above in the previous section.
Ensuring that your motorcycle wheel chock is made from durable materials will also give you the peace of mind that comes from knowing your purchase will last a very, very long time, protecting your bike against falls and potential damage to the engine and frame.
Quality materials will also see to it that you get the strength and stability that you need.
While a motorcycle wheel chock with a high-gloss finish will certainly look good against the paint of your bike, it will actually do little to fulfill the chock’s primary purpose: to keep your bike safe.
Thus, instead of going for the prettiest motorcycle wheel chock you can find, look for one with a tough powder coat finish—one that will resist rust, corrosion and scratches and keep the chock working in tip top order for the life of your bike.
Last but not least, when shopping for a motorcycle wheel chock you should definitely look for one with an extended or extensive manufacturer’s warranty.
A long warranty, say five years or more, tends to demonstrate the confidence a given company has in their product.
It also will give you a little peace of mind knowing that your motorcycle wheel chock can be returned if it does not supply you with the results you sought when purchasing it.