Paddle shifters are small devices or levers attached to the steering columns of automatic vehicles that allow drivers to change gears while driving.
Typically, these paddle shifter levers are on the steering wheel itself and set back just a bit to make it harder to hit them by accident.
In order to use the paddle shifters on the steering wheel, an automatic vehicle must first be set in “manual” mode, which is accessed from the car’s standard gear shift.
This manual mode is found just below the last automatic gear on the shifter, which is the “D” or “drive” position.
Once in manual, the paddle shifters on the steering wheel can be used to shift between gears on an automatic vehicle, giving a driver more control over the car’s transmission.
This can be helpful when climbing big hills or when you want to pick up speed faster than your transmission’s automatic shifting allows.
Vehicles With Car Paddle Shifters
Paddle shifters are considered a driving upgrade and tend to be a feature of sports and higher-end cars.
As such, they usually only come standard on a car model’s higher trims.
These are some vehicles that come with standard paddle shifters:
Toyotas With Paddle Shifters
- Toyota Crown Platinum (Sedan)
- Toyota Corolla XSE (Sedan)
- Toyota Corolla Hatchback SE & XSE (Hatchback)
- Toyota Camry SE (Sedan)
- Toyota Camry XSE Hybrid (Sedan)
- Toyota GR 86 Premium (Sports Car)
- Toyota GR Supra 2.0, 3.0 & 3.0 Premium (Sports Car)
- Toyota RAV4 Prime XSE (SUV)
Hondas With Paddle Shifters
- Honda Civic Sport (Compact)
- Honda Accord Touring Hybrid (Sedan)
- Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Hatchback)
- Honda Ridgeline (Truck)
- Honda Pilot (SUV)
- Honda Passport (SUV)
- Honda Odyssey (SUV)
Hyundais With Paddle Shifters
- Hyundai Tucson Limited (SUV)
- Hyundai Palisade (SUV)
Lexus Vehicles With Paddle Shifters
- Lexus IS (Sedan)
- Lexus ES (Sedan)
- Lexus LS 500 (Sedan)
- Lexus RC 300 (Sedan)
- Lexus RC F (Coupe)
- Lexus LC 500 (Coupe)
- Lexus NX 250 (SUV)
- Lexus RZ 450e Premium & Luxury (SUV)
- Lexus RX 350 (SUV)
Subarus With Paddle Shifters
- Subaru Impreza (Sedan/Hatchback)
- Subaru BRZ (Sports Car)
- Subaru WRX (Sports Car)
Cadillacs With Paddle Shifters
- Cadillac V Series (Sedan)
- Cadillac CT5 Sport (Sedan)
- Cadillac CT4 Sport (Sedan)
- Cadillac XT4 (SUV)
Cars With Available Paddle Shifters
The following cars don’t come with standard paddle shifters, but can be outfitted with paddle shifters by their manufacturers before you drive them off the lot:
- Chevrolet Camaro (available as an upgrade)
- Audi TT Coupe (available as a package)
- Audi TT Roadster (available as a package)
- Cadillac CT5 Premium (available as an upgrade)
- Cadillac CT4 Premium (available as an upgrade)
Paddle Shifters After Purchase
There you have them – car models with paddle shifters.
While this list is by no means exhaustive, we do hope it gives you a good idea of the types of models you’re likely to find with standard paddle shifters.
Is your dream car missing from the list?
You’re still in luck.
Paddle shifters are an aftermarket addition that works with most automatic vehicles.