Looking for a name for your green ride?
How about more than two hundred of them?
We’ve got dark green car names, light green car names, and nicknames for cars of all shades in between.
And since we know not every name is right for every car, we’ve broken our green car names down by car type too to help you choose just the right moniker for your current four-wheeled love.
Dark Green Car Nicknames
Here are some names for dark green cars.
These names are pulled from dark green color names, trees, and other objects that are well-known shades of green and work well for any type of vehicle.
- Ever (for evergreen)
- Rousseau (based on the artist)
- Sherwood (for the famous forest)
- Zucc (for zucchini)
Nicknames For Dark Green Cars (Smaller Vehicles)
These are some dark green car names we like best for smaller vehicles, like sedans, coupes, and sports cars.
- Avo (for avocado)
- Cousa (also a squash)
- Green Arrow (how ‘bout for a sports car?)
- Kabocha (It’s based on a squash, so it’s gotta be a small vehicle, right?)
Nicknames For Dark Green Trucks & SUVs
These are some dark green car names we like best for larger vehicles, like trucks and SUVs.
- Cam (for camo)
- Pullman (for the train car color)
Medium Green Car Nicknames
Here are some names for medium green cars.
These names are pulled from vivid or mid-green color names (we put true green in here) and objects that are well-known shades of green, and they work well for any type of vehicle.
- Elphaba (if you love you some Wicked)
- Emmy (for emerald)
- Greedo (if you love you some Star Wars)
- Green Lantern
- Kelly (for Kelly green)
- Oscar (the grouch, appropriate for a car that likes to not run)
- Piccolo (if you love you some Dragon Ball Z)
- Scout (for Girl Scout green)
- The Ninja Turtles (Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael) – bonus if you put the appropriate colored wrap on the front of your car
Nicknames For Medium/Vivid Green Cars (Smaller Vehicles)
These are some medium green car names we like best for smaller vehicles, like sedans, coupes, and sports cars.
- Micro (Like microgreens. Get it?)
- Sweet Pea
- The Great Gazoo
Medium Green SUV & Truck Nicknames
These are some medium green car names we like best for larger vehicles, like trucks and SUVs.
- Blanka (from Street Fighter) – though, given the words relationship with “white,” you’ll likely have to explain this one
- Green Goblin
- Rex (really T. Rex’s weren’t green, but Rex from Toy Story is)
Light Green Car Nicknames
- Aurora (for the Aurora Borealis)
- Gamora (if you love you some Guardians of the Galaxy)
- North (also for the Borealis, aka the northern lights)
Nicknames For Light Green Cars (Smaller Vehicles)
These are some light green car names we like best for smaller vehicles, like sedans, coupes, and sports cars.
- Chayote (a cute little squash; also makes a fine stew)
- Morinda (it’s the tree the noni fruit comes from)
- Noni (it’s a fruit)
Light Green SUV & Truck Nicknames
These are some light green car names we like best for larger vehicles, like trucks and SUVs.
- Fiona (Shrek’s better half)
- Green Mamba
- Mojo Jojo (if you like you some Powerpuff Girls)
- Shrek (Fiona’s better half)
Green-ish Names For Cars
And here are some car names that aren’t explicitly based on green things, but have some connection with green:
- Envy (green is its color, we like it for a fine sports car)
- Popeye (the man does love him some green spinach)
- Saber (as in lightsaber)
Even More Names For Green Cars
If none of the above names are quite good enough for your sweet green ride, you can always mix and match these names or add them to a new word to try to create a unique car moniker entirely your own.
Maybe even throw in a little alliteration to sweeten the sound?
Here are a few more possibilities:
Cars Green Car Name
Lastly, you could always
steal… er, pay tribute… to another green car with your green car.
The name of the most prominent green car character in the Cars movies is Chicks Hicks.
Ripslinger is another green character in the franchise, although he’s a plane.
It’s interesting to note both of these vehicles are bad guys.
Don’t know what that says about the Cars creators thoughts on green, but there you have ’em, if you want to bring your green car up to be a villain.